Children’s Pastor – Ashley Garrett
I was born and raised in Springfield, MO. After graduating Glendale High School, I attended MSU where I received my degree in Elementary Education. I taught 1st grade at Weller Elementary and then spent 5 years teaching 5th grade at Inman Elementary in Nixa. I married my husband, Ryan, in 1999 and we have a daughter. I have been the Children’s Pastor at New Life since 2011.
My favorite things are Sonic drinks, coffee, running if the temperature is just right, reading good books, playing games with my family, watching movies, Andy’s frozen custard, spending time with friends, traveling, and Goldfish crackers (a requirement for kids’ pastors).
Ashley is responsible for:
- Managing, planning, and executing NLKids services on weekends and Wednesdays
- Overseeing volunteer staff responsible for teaching and mentoring at NLKids
- Planning and executing annual events such as camp, summer block party, easter egg hunt, and glow party
- Planning and organizing events for ‘City Council’, the junior leadership team in the elementary area
- Managing and planning a budget for NLKid’s area