Executive Pastor – James Griffin
I’ve been married for 20 years to my beautiful wife, Carrie. We have three children, Adam, Hunter, and Amber. My family moved to Springfield from Houston, Texas in 2000 and we currently reside in Nixa. I have been at New Life for 12 years.
I am a native Texan. After graduating high school, I attended Lamar University in Beaumont, TX where I earned a B.S. in Chemistry. After working for several years as a polymer chemist, God called my wife and I to full-time pastoral ministry and I enrolled at the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary in 2000. Since then I graduated with a M.A. in Christian Ministry, have received an M. Div. equivalency, and I am currently pursuing a D. Min in Pastoral Care and Counseling.
James is responsible for:
- Overseeing the overall executive functions of the church
- Overseeing Connect Groups by training leaders and connecting people to the right group
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management
- Providing counseling to members
- Supporting Lead Pastor in directives to carry out New Life’s mission